GENESIS fully satisfies the expectations of the women who put their trust in it, guided by its vision of a substantial offer and top-notch service. Supporting the importance of Breastfeeding from the first moment of birth, GENESIS set up a series of baby friendly actions both for mothers and newborns:
– Created the Breastfeeding Groups with the intention of providing mothers with information, encouragement, and support throughout the breastfeeding process, thereby boosting their confidence. Skilled and continuously trained midwives who make up the Breastfeeding teams are actively involved in the mother-newborn relationship because they are aware of the need to establish trusting relationships with staff who interact with mothers during the beginning of breastfeeding. An essential objective supported by guidance and counseling of efficient techniques is an introduction to the benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and newborn as well as an extension in its duration.
– “Surviving the First Year of Motherhood” course, which is held in the third trimester of pregnancy, educates expectant mothers on the benefits of breastfeeding in addition to childbirth preparation.
– It encourages and promotes direct skin-to-skin contact between the newborn and mother, starting the process in the Delivery Suite under the guidance and discreet supervision of the midwives. The mother-newborn bond is strengthened by placing the newborn in her arms as soon as possible after delivery. This encourages the consolidation of breastfeeding and helps it continue for longer periods of time.
– Encourages the mother and baby to be in direct contact even after a C-section, where epidural anesthesia is most frequently used. Thus, with the assistance of the midwife and after consulting with the anesthetist and obstetrician, the newborn is placed in the mother’s arms, naturally without interfering with the monitoring of the mother.
– We designed a special breastfeeding area where the mother can calmly breastfeed the baby for however long she chooses, in a lovely and welcoming setting. A mother can feel relaxed there, without worrying about disturbing others or being disturbed by others.
– We designed a special Lactation Room for nursing mothers whose newborn is cared for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The midwives of the department provide mothers with the necessary psychological assistance and knowledge in this area, and as they get ready to be discharged, mothers receive instructions on breastfeeding their newborn.
– Unless there are medical reasons that would require mother-newborn separation, GENESIS offers the option of rooming-in in all room types. This is because the practice of separating the newborn from its mother should be avoided. With the discreet supervision of the Hospital’s skilled midwives, the goal is for the mother to be able to manage her newborn by herself. In order to effectively meet her baby’s needs, a mother must be able to recognize her baby’s early signals of hunger and fullness.
With the help of skilled and experienced midwives, GENESIS has launched a Breastfeeding Helpline (+30 2310 984515 & +30 2310 984559), where you can get answers to questions about breastfeeding over the phone.